Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Traquair House Ale

My fellow Bloggers I gotta tell you, this is some GOOD stuff!! This particular beer was actually gifted to me by my BIL, Beermehaenn in a variety six pack.

Traquair is described as a handmade ale brewed in the ancient brew house of the oldest inhabited house in Scotland.

The alcohol content is 7.2% and color is dark brown with a pleasing aroma. I can say without hesitation, I loved this from the very first sip. Much to my delight there was no trace of hops whatsoever. The flavor can be described more as mild and malty with a mildly sweet aftertaste. This is one that I would deem caseworthy (although I have no idea what it would cost but will try and find out and post). I would rate this an 8 out 10 stars!!

Thanks Pete for the brew and I look foward to sampling the rest of the selections in the six pack and posting my thoughts.

Until next time.......

3 comments:

  1. You could tell that one looked good, just from the bottle. Nice post. I should have bought two of those Traquairs. Oh, well, I guess that's the point of this blog, to keep track of just this stuff. Let us know if you figure out a price for that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to get back to everyone with the price of this delightful brew. Its a bit pricey at $119.58 + tax for 24/12oz bottles but if you got some extra jingle it is well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's everyone? Me,you, Pete and Beer Goggles???

    ReplyDelete