Saturday, January 17, 2009

SMUTTYNOSE IPA

Welcome fellow beer lovers. This is my first official post. I am a man of few written words but I will try and post at least once a week (if not occasionally more).

So let me segue to my thoughts on Smuttynose IPA. The scene is as follows: raging fire going while sipping a cold and frothy glass of Smuttynose. This was a bringover from my brother-in-law and fellow blogger, Pete. I had no expectations prior to my first sip but for full disclosure I am not a big fan of IPAs. So my thoughts (and please keep in mind these are just my personal tastes and I appreciate and respect that some might feel differently) are that all in all its a good quality beer. Its a little hoppy with a hint of fruity aftertaste which may somewhat balance out the hoppiness. It's amber in color with a modest alcohol content. That being said, I am not a huge fan of hopped up beers so while I thought this beer was satisfactory and would easily reccomend, personally its just not one of my favorites. I believe price wise its in the $35 range.

On that note, I will sign off, and return to my cold beer and add another log to the fire. Keep warm and always remember to just "SAY NO TO CRAP BEER".

See you next time. Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment