Sunday, January 25, 2009

Old Peculier and Hobgoblin

Had both of these beers tonight. Theakston makes the Old Peculier, which is a yorkshire ale, whatever that means. Hobgoblin is a dark English ale made by the Wychwood Brewery. Despite the color differences of these two beers, they were similar in taste. Old Peculier had a dark amber hue, while Hobgoblin had a dark chocolate color. If you know Bass Ale, you can appreciate what these beers tasted like. They were a little more robust than Bass, packing a more flavorful punch with a slight bitter aftertaste. I have no idea how much they cost as I bought a bunch of six packs from Total Wine, but they were decent enough to enjoy on a blustery day. I'd give them 6.5 stars out of ten. I'd have them again gladly, but they probably wouldn't be my top pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment