Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Jake and I tried this beer once when we were camping. I recently bought a six-pack for some relatives that came over. I just went into the garage to check on my beer supply, and surprise, there was one Dead Guy mixed in with the Coors Light and Rolling Rocks! I decided to log in to BEER! and post while I sipped. If I had a bar in my basement (someday, maybe), I'd have this beer proudly displayed on the shelf with Ommegang for all to see. It's a Maibock (sp?) ale, copper in color, smooth, sweet malty finish, and is pretty friggin' good. I think it runs about 40 bucks per case, and every one of those 4,000 pennies is well spent. This beer goes perfectly on a camping trip, while cooking in your kitchen, while sitting watching tv, while reading a good book, while mowing the lawn, while staring at the wall watching paint dry. Anytime, anywhere.

Rogue is an Oregan brewery and they have quite a long list of beers, but I've only seen a handful around these parts. Maybe on my beer tour of the US I'll take a few extra days in Oregon sampling all the Rogue beers.

Dead Guy Ale comes highly recommended. 8.9 stars out of ten.

1 comment:

  1. yes, this is a good one by the fire! I think i Will put this on my wish list for next time @ the beer yard

    ReplyDelete