Monday, February 23, 2009

Weyerbacher Merry Monks

This is a Belgian style golden ale with 9.3 ABV. Mmmmm. Wow, mmmm! Good, smooth, and tasty. There are some citrus hints in this that add nicely to the complexity. No bitter after, or during, taste. I'm not sure if Weyerbacher only puts this out during the winter holiday season, but I'd buy it in the summer, spring, fall, whenever. I'm not exactly sure of the price of this one, as it came in a sample case, but whatever the cost, it's a keeper. If I recall correctly, I think Jake (does he post here anymore, or am I just writing this for myself?) and I had this one time when we were camping. It may have been last Memorial Day. And like I said, it was good when the weather was warm, even good while our shoes were covered with mud and we were fighting off mosquitoes. Right now, I have this beer poured into an ale goblet. It looks like it should: golden-copper color, the head sitting just slightly on top around the edges, just opaque enough to see into the middle of the glass but not through to the other side. And with a name like Merry Monks, it tastes like it should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment