Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hello beer drinking bloggers!!

It's time I step up to the blog mike, and oh boy do I with this one!

Anyone drank a He'Brew? For the Jews out there, this is the chosen beer (see pic below)

I saw a couple of these in my Dad's fridge, god knows how they got there....and I raided it!

2 He'Brews later, I rate this beer as "not a joke" or "very drinkable".

This is on the beer scale of:
Not drinkable
Drinkable
Very Drinkable

I do have other beer scales as well, to be introduced at a later date.

I know I am not much of the describer of flavors and tastes, but visit http://www.shmaltz.com/

I drank the Genesis Ale:

Our First Creation
Crisp, smooth and perfectly balanced between a west coast style pale and amber ale, with a supple malt sweetness and a pronounced hop flourish.
Malts: 2-row, Caramel 40L, Dark Crystal, Munich, Wheat
Hops: Warrior, Centennial, Cascade, Fuggle, Willamette


This company gets a lot of credit for their funny ass beer names.

The Rejewvenator is a 2009 addition to their other fine beers which also include the Jewbelation, and the Jewbelation Bar Mitzvah.

According to the site, their are some PA places to buy, so I will explore my Judaism and drink some beer, then dance the havanagila.

Matt the Mitzvah




5 comments:

  1. Hey Matt. How's it going? This is Zak Davis from Shmaltz Brewing Company. Make sure to thank your dad for us for providing the beer for you to pilfer and then drink and then write about. I'm glad you enjoyed our brews. As you can see from the website, we've got all kinds of styles out there. We just released Coney Island Freaktoberfest for Halloween, a blood-red, 6.66% alc. lager. Pretty delicious. Next month, we'll be launching Jewbelation Bar Mitzvah, our 13th anniversary ale, brewed with 13 malts, 13 hops, and 13% alc. Check 'em out. Thanks again for taking the time to grab the beer and write about the experience. L'Chaim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, this blog is going big time! Zak, thanks for visiting the blog and for filling us in on some of the cool stuff going on at Shmaltz. It's nice to have input from someone other than my two brother-in-laws. Will the Jewbelation Bar Mitzvah be available in PA? That sounds like quite a good beer, ver'shet?
    I guess I'll have to go out and try some of this stuff if we have people now coming on from the actual companies. Zak, is it ok for me to try He'Brew if I'm Catholic? My wife is of the tribe, so I guess I'm close by association.
    BeermeHaenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! A representative of the company has visited, very nice!! Please don't be a hebe and shortchange us on the taste ever. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matt-

    Melissa from Shmaltz this time. Don't know where you live in PA, but He'brew and Coney Island (our line of craft lagers) are available in the Pittsburgh area and He'brew is also in Philly. So the short answer is yes, Jewbelation will be in PA. And yes again, He'brew is for all beer-loving peoples (I'm an honorary member of the tribe myself), so drink unabashedly!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that jewbelation bar mitzvah is just about the funniest name I've ever heard of. I gotta try that beer

    ReplyDelete