Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dominion Oak Barrel Stout



Dominion beer is brewed in Dover, DE. This stout is pretty good and this is the time of year to enjoy a stout. Dominion's website boasts of cascading action with the pour. There was none of that in this beer when I poured it into a pint glass. In fact, very little head was visible. It also mentioned that this beer was fermented with vanilla beans, which are evident in the taste. I enjoyed this beer, however, if there was some cascading action, like a good stout should have, I would have given this beer a higher rating. Had this beer been poured from a tap, things may have been different. Overall, this was a pretty tasty stout. And Dominion being semi-local makes it all that much better. I've never heard of Dominion, but now that I've had the stout and liked it, I might have to give their other beers a try.

1 comment:

  1. The cascading effect comes from the injection of nitrogen combined with the CO2 (aka "beer gas") into solution...outside of kegged beer you can only get this effect where they include a "widget" in the can (ie. Boddington's or Guiness)

    Also, got the invite. Posts to follow soon

    ReplyDelete