Saturday, May 16, 2009

Post Script: Affligem

Went to the beer store today to buy a case...and to check out the price of Affligem. $40 a case! When I saw the price, I thought there was a misprint. I also thought that I better get a case fast before someone in the store realizes that they made a huge mistake and gets fired. Went to the register fully expecting the guy to say it was 80 bucks or so. All was good at checkout. $40! I spend 40 dollars for a case of beer that I think is pretty good. But, for Allfigem Blonde Ale? Steal of the century! This case will be going camping with me for sure. This beer might become a staple in my beer fridge.

A funny aside: The lady behind me asked the guy to bring a case of Icehouse or something to the register. When the guy rung up my purchase, she goes, "there must be some kind of magic in that beer!". I turned to her, said, "what do you mean?". She goes on to tell me that she could never imagine buying a 40 dollar case of beer. I told her it was pretty good stuff. She says that she could buy two cases for that price. I thought about telling her that this case probably had twice the alcohol content, or that it was at least three times as good, but thought better of it and just left it as it was. I didn't even care. I was just so excited that this beer didn't cost 80 dollars.

So, there you have it. Affligem Blonge Ale = $40. It doesn't get much better than that.

Jake, we'll be enjoying some Affligem fireside at the campsite this weekend. Oh, and since we're going to a private campground, I'll be bringing the goblets. No need to drink out of plastic cups for this beer.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to contribute to this blog. I believe that I have all of the experience you are looking for in your next blogger.

    Please invite me as an author - mattdavidson2000@gmail.com

    Looking forward to a long and prosperous relationship. hehe

    ReplyDelete