Saturday, May 2, 2009

Affligem Blond

This beer is incredible. Time for a Cold one and I went to Total wine today to pick out some sampler beers. I was lucky enough to get this one. Unfreakinreal, this stuff. It's got the Belgian taste, like you would expect. But, it's got that extra something that you can't put your finger on that makes this beer so good. It had the Belgian blond taste plus some slight sparkle, champagne-like. It was light and refreshing and flavorful and delicious all in one bottle, all in one sip. Time for a Cold One and I were talking, wishful thinking-style, about going to Belgium on a trip to check out some of the Abbeys. Well, I think I found the spot where I'd be parked for the duration of the trip. Whoever is in charge of this brewery, whoever has been in charge since 1074AD, deserves a raise. Seriously, this stuff is quality in a bottle. I'd give it 12 out of 10 stars!

I'll get back later about how much a case of this stuff costs. I'm betting it's pretty pricey, maybe in the 80 dollar range. But, with the right company, for the right occasion...

No comments:

Post a Comment