Monday, August 3, 2009

Presidente

We are headed to the Caribbean this weekend for a week's vacation. Dominican Republic, to be specific. I was told that our resort stocks three kinds of beer, Presidente being the best of them. This is a pilsner style beer. I'm not too familiar with Pilsners, having only tried a few in my day. But I'll tell you one thing: if this is the best beer that will be served, we are in trouble. It could be a long week of bad beer. I'm afraid to see what the other two lesser beers will be. This beer, Presidente was pretty bland and the aftertaste was something similar to shoe leather, after it had been raked through the mud, after it had stepped in wild boar piss. Instead of Presidente, with a royal sounding name, it should have been called Gringo juice. I'll be checking out some island cocktails instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment